Microsoft has confirmed a fix for a serious Windows 8 bug. Not long after the Windows 8 Release Preview, users started complaining about a serious Windows 8 bug that crashed the system. Microsoft has just now provided a patch through Windows Update that will fix the issue.
The bug is KB2727113; It was caused by “multimedia or communication” activities. More info http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2727113
Microsoft had known about the bug and had fixed as part of Windows 8 development… But telemetry data did not inform Microsoft that the bug was present in the Release Preview… they now provided the fix… but the issue is critical, your Windows 8 PC will get the fix through Windows Update regardless if you want to or not.
© Copyright 2012 Premier Microsoft. No part of this writing may be copied or use without permission. Email at premierMSFT@hotmail.com.
Microsoft, Windows, Windows 7, and Windows 8 are trademarks and /or registered trademarks of Microsoft and the Microsoft group of companies.
Posted in Microsoft, News, Tech News, Updates, Windows 8
Tagged Bugs, Computers, Laptops, Microsoft, News, Support, Tech News, Updates, Windows 8, Windows 8 bugs
Details are finally out for the Windows 8 Upgrade Offer: To upgrade for as low as 14.99 to Windows 8 Pro, follow Microsoft’s guidelines as listed below:
- Buy a Windows 7 PC between June 2, 2012 and January 31, 2013. *
(You can even use Microsoft’s PC Selector to help you choose.)
- Register for the offer at windowsupgradeoffer.com before February 28, 2013.
- Microsoft will send you an email with your promotion code and purchase instructions when Windows 8 Pro is available.
- Download and install Windows 8 Pro on a compatible Windows-based PC with Windows Upgrade Assistant. Plus, the offer includes 90 days of Microsoft technical support at no charge.
Note: If you already have a Windows 7 PC ( Home Basic, Premium, Professional, Ultimate), just register at the same site and Microsoft will send you a promo code and purchase instructions.
Posted in Microsoft, News, Windows 8
Tagged Asus, Computers, Intel Core, iPad, Microsoft, Microsoft Windows, Operating system, OS, PC, software, Technical support, Tutorial, Windows, Windows 8, Windows 8 Pro, Windows Vista editions
Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Easy Time: Little to None
It is sometimes necessary to locate and find the IP address of your PC. To find the IP address, follow these directions carefully.
- On the keyboard, hit and hold “WINDOWS” Key and the “R” key
- This opens the “Run” utility; type “cmd.exe” and hit ENTER
- In Command Prompt, now type “ipconfig”; Hit ENTER
- You will now see the following screen. ( NOTE: We have obscured the IP address for privacy concerns)
- In this screen, look for the first two numbers under the Category Wireless LAN Adapter Wi-Fi:
Link-local IPv6 Address: This is your IP Address ( v6 address)
IPv4 Address: This is your IP address ( v4)