Difficulty: Medium Time: Little Updated : 2012
Solution #1: Quick Workaround
- There is a quick workaround that temporarily removes a movie from the Recently Watched.
For instance, if you don’t want people to see this ABC Family Drama in your“Recently Watched”, simply watch another movie that you have no problem showing off…
The Recently Watched List will display the most recent, so if you watch a few “questionable” movies, you can fade them from the list by watching some “upstanding” ones. However a complete list of the movies you watched is permanently stored.
If you own a Roku Box,
scroll through the movies, select the one you want to remove, and highlight and select “remove”.
If you are using the Netflix App for Xbox or the Netflix app for Vizio TVs……
you will have to watch a lot of “good” movies in order to push the one “bad movie from the list.
Solution #2: Permanent Workaround
If you want to really get rid of the “Recently Watched” and your complete viewing list, then you can try this permanent and drastic solution. This a permanent step that cancels your Netflix membership, so watch out…
- Sign in into your Netflix account
- Navigate to Your Account & Help at the top right corner
- Navigate to Manage Account; Click Cancel Membership
- Scroll down, check the box, and click “Complete Cancellation”. Cancelling your membership erases your “Recently Watched” viewing history. Proceed to activate a new account.
- Netflix passes Apple to take lead in online movie business(bgr.com)
- Find Worthwhile Movies On Netflix With A Better Queue (makeuseof.com)