Difficulty: Moderately Easy Time: Little to Much
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So you want to enter the confusing world of Torrents. Yep, it’s a dangerous and thrilling universe. Here’s how to get started. Note: We do not endorse the use of Torrent files to steal copyrighted material
- First, you need to install a Torrent Client, a program that allows you to open and download torrent files. Here are a few examples of Torrent clients.
- and bit torrent
- Now you have to go to a Torrent website. There are many… so choose one…… now browse for the song, book, or other file you want. The largest Torrent website is Piratebay.
- Great! Now that you have found the file in the torrent website, make sure it is not protected by copyright law:), Look for the little red magnet icon and click on Get this Torrent. This is the fastest method of downloading the torrent.
- The torrent client will now begin to download your file.
- Always get the file that has been the most downloaded; make sure it has the most seeders, which indicates the file is most likely valid and contains no viruses.
- Wait patiently and then you are done.
- Please note that torrents are meant to be used responsibly. We are not responsible if copyright law punishes you for downloading files with copyright.
Posted in How To, News, Tutorial, Updates
Tagged BitTorrent, Clients, Computer file, Copyright, Filesharing, Pirate Bay, Torrent, Uploading and downloading
Find easy answers to your computer questions
Easy Definition: Image technology that uses blurred pixels to improve image quality
Detailed Definition: Image technology that introduces blurred pixels, removing spaces and thereby creating the allusion of continuity versus the original choppy pixels.
How Does it Look Like ?
Anti-aliasing best works with .jpg image files. Below, you can see a comparison. Anti-aliasing smooths out the image and gives it a clearer look.
So you want a special something of yours get the legal stamp of copyright law? A copyright not only protects your content, but it also serves as a flashy warning to the “copycats” and your competitors. Here’s how to get started…
How do I Get a Copyright ?
First things first. According to the law, the moment you create any original work, you automatically get copyright protection.
- Your content is already protected by copyright law ( even if you haven’t registered your copyright)
- You can register a Copyright Notice and pay a $30 fee to the U.S. Copyright Office. A registered copyright gives you more legal benefits than an unregistered one… you can pursue and even sue infringers.
How Do I Write a Copyright Notice ?
It’s pretty simple, actually: First write the word “ Copyright “ or just the symbol ©. Then simply write the date of you made the content, followed by the copyright holder ( which could be a business or a person). Here’s an example of the Premier Microsoft copyright notice:
Do I need to Pay for a Copyright?
No. This is only if want to register your copyright. Copyright simply means that you have the right to copy your content. Because it’s yours, copyright is given to you automatically.
What Can I Copyright ?
That’s a good question… You can copyright:
Your Original ( Your Own)
While we are at it, you cannot copyright Ideas, Facts, Common Information, Links, URLs, Names and Titles, Systems or Procedures, or Short Phrases( you can trademark short phrases)
Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Easy Time: Little to None
Creating a Twitter account is pretty easy. Just follow the steps below:
- Launch your web browser (We recommend Internet Explorer 9)
- Go to http://twitter.com. It looks like this:
- On the Twitter homepage, go to the widget that says “New to Twitter? Sign Up”
- Enter the name you want to use, the email address you wish to use, and your password. Click the sign up button when done. ( An example is shown below…)
- When you have finished the final details, click “Create my account.” If successful, you will be sent to your twitter page. It will tell you what a tweet is, and it will encourage you to follow five people. You can either find people to follow or you can skip that step.
- It may also ask if you want to follow five more people. It will also ask you to import your contacts to find other people on Twitter that you know. You can also skip these steps too.
- Twitter will ask you to upload a profile picture and write a brief bio for your profile. These can be added at any time.
- After you finish those steps, it will send you to your profile page. You can now start tweeting and gaining followers!