Microsoft has heard user gripes and is seeking to rectify Windows 8 complaints. The Software Giant announced on Tuesday that it will release a substantial update to Windows 8, internally codenamed “Blue.”
The Wall Street Journal reports that the update will be available later this year in time for the holidays. Windows President Tami Reller claims Microsoft is planning to showcase Blue to the public.
“Microsoft executives will make two sets of relevant disclosures in coming weeks … First up soon will be details about pricing, packaging and an official name.”
Reller with a Windows 8 tablet
Reller also said that a second Blue update is expected before June. Microsoft experts and enthusiasts were betting on the first update before June… we now know that there will be two updates, the second occurring near BUILD conference. The final Blue will be released to consumers near holiday season.
Difficulty: Moderately Easy Time: Little to Much
(Photo credit: Wikipedia)
So you want to enter the confusing world of Torrents. Yep, it’s a dangerous and thrilling universe. Here’s how to get started. Note: We do not endorse the use of Torrent files to steal copyrighted material
- First, you need to install a Torrent Client, a program that allows you to open and download torrent files. Here are a few examples of Torrent clients.
- and bit torrent
- Now you have to go to a Torrent website. There are many… so choose one…… now browse for the song, book, or other file you want. The largest Torrent website is Piratebay.
- Great! Now that you have found the file in the torrent website, make sure it is not protected by copyright law:), Look for the little red magnet icon and click on Get this Torrent. This is the fastest method of downloading the torrent.
- The torrent client will now begin to download your file.
- Always get the file that has been the most downloaded; make sure it has the most seeders, which indicates the file is most likely valid and contains no viruses.
- Wait patiently and then you are done.
- Please note that torrents are meant to be used responsibly. We are not responsible if copyright law punishes you for downloading files with copyright.
Posted in How To, News, Tutorial, Updates
Tagged BitTorrent, Clients, Computer file, Copyright, Filesharing, Pirate Bay, Torrent, Uploading and downloading
Apple Maps, Wi-fi bugs, LTE bugs, battery problems….. and on and on… let’s just say these are plain and simple FAILS! So for sake of interest ( and laughter) we compiled the best photos of Apple Maps fails and iOS bugs. Here goes:
Turn left into the water….? Huh?
Some parts of Clapham, Londo, are … ahem… censored.
Yah… it’s embarrassing but, it’s not our fault.
Beautiful town square in Milan, is… torn to shreds.
Sorry, this has no explanation… we are as baffled as you.
Those using iOS6 get special treatment….
Ooops… Did NASA just compliment Apple???
Right side: Correct ; Left side: Apple Maps
Meant to be the perfect road-tripper, the Acer Aspire V5 delivers impressive performance on a 15in frame
Decent touch screen, sturdy aluminum frame, roomy hard drive, speedy CPU
Weak battery performance
Size & Weight
Weight : 5.29lbs
Size: 15.6 in
Display Type: 15.6in TFT active matrix LED
OS: Microsoft Windows 8
Memory Type: SSDR3 SDRAM
Processor: Intel 3rd Gen Core i5 3317U / 1.7 GHz
Hard Drive: 750GB
Hard Drive RPM: 5400 rpm
Ports & Connections
USB : 1x USB 3.0
2x USB 2.0
2-in-1 card reader: 1 Port
HDMI : 1 Port
VGA : 1 Port
Ethernet: 1 Port
# of Battery Cells : 4
Battery Capacity : 2500 mAh
Battery Chemistry : Lithium-ion
Headphone Jack: 3.5 mm jack Built-in
Type: Built-in Keyboard
Track Pad: Multi-gesture track pad
Sensors & Extras
Bluetooth: Yes ( 4.0 )
Images courtesy of Acer
- Wireless 802.11a/g/n,