Troubleshoot and Fix your Problems Fast!
Difficulty: Very Easy Time: Little
If you are installing a program or configuring software, it is sometimes necessary to check if your computer is 64 Bit. Following these directions carefully.
- Click the “Start Button” or the “WINDOWS” Key
- Begin by typing “System” in the search box at the bottom. When found, select “System”
- Now, in the resulting screen, look for a line with the words “System Type” , as shown in the screen below.
- The System type tells you whether your computer is 64 Bit or 32 Bit. In this case, the system tells me my computer is 64 bit.
- In general, 64 Bit systems are the best multi-purpose computers, equipped with HD displays and larger drives. 32 Bit systems excel at virtualization ( such as running an operating system in VirtualBox.)